Isolast® Perfluoroelastomer (FFKM)
Unrivalled chemical and thermal resistance
- Temperature resistance from -25 °C to +325 °C / -13 °F to +617 °F
- Combines the advantages of an elastomer with the chemical resistance of a PTFE
- Almost universal chemical compatibility
- Materials perform well in a broad range of chemical media including ethylene oxides, acids, alkalis, amines, esters and steam
- Exceptional hysteresis properties
- Outstanding low long-term compression set characteristics
- High purity, low contamination from extractables
- Complete traceability
- Reduce downtime and improve production efficiency
- Sealing effectively under pressure or in a vacuum
- Materials compliant to FDA 21 CFR.2400 (d), 3-A, USP Class VI, Cytotoxicity (USP 87)
Universal material used in a wide variety of applications that require outstanding performance. Ideal for process systems requiring intensive CIP and SIP regimes or aggressive process media.
Wide variety of standard and custom designs, O-Rings
Isolast® is the Trelleborg Sealing Solutions range of high specification perfluoroelastomer (FFKM) compounds. We offer the widest portfolio on the market engineered to meet specific processing demands. Virtually inert, the materials perform well in a broad range of media including organic and inorganic oxides, acids, alkalis, amines, esters and steam at continuous operating temperatures from -25 °C to +325 °C / -13 °F to +617 °F.
Unrivalled Operating Characteristics
FFKM materials are terpolymers of monomers in which all hydrogen atoms have been replaced by fluorine. The absence of hydrogen in their molecular chain dramatically increases both their chemical and thermal resistance. The cross-linked molecular chains enable them to combine the resilience and sealing force of an elastomer with the chemical inertness and thermal stability of PTFE.
Isolast® Plus J9515 & J9516 - Superior sealing with FDA, USP class VI and SP 3-A compliance
Isolast® J9538 - A new level of performance for pharmaceutical, healthcare & medical and food handling applicaitons