Nitrile (NBR & HNBR)
FDA and 3-A compliant
- Temperature resistance from -30 °C to +100 °C / -22 °F to +212 °F
- Up to +120 °C / +248 °F for short periods
- Special formulations down to -60 °C / -76 °F
- Good mechanical properties
- Good resistance to hydrocarbons of high aromatic content and water
- Compliant to FDA CFR177.2600 and 3-A
Typical Healthcare & Medical Applications:
Patient lifts, prosthetic knees and ankles, anti-vibration applications.
O-Rings, gaskets, diaphragms
About NBR and HNBR
Acrylonitrile-Butadiene Rubber (NBR) is a good choice for applications where seals will not be exposed to harsh cleaning regimes, ozone or superheated steam. These materials are copolymers of butadiene and acrylonitrile. The percentage of these in the NBR and HNBR formulations determines their performance characteristics.