HiMod® - High Modulus Plastic Materials
High wear and chemical resistance
- Excellent media resistance to most lyes and acids throughout the entire pH range
- Compatible with oils, greases, acids, alkalis, solvents, refrigerants, water and steam
- High residual stress
- Resistant to cold flow
- High mechanical resistance
- Wide temperature range from cryogenic to +316°C / +600°F
- Unlimited shelf life
- Excellent leakage properties – meeting German fugitive emission regulation TA Luft
- Compliance with FDA 177.1550 Perfluorocarbon regulation
Wheelchair hub bearings, actuators, valve seats, reciprocating and oscillating applications
Bearings, Flatseal™, Slydring®, Wear Rings, Back-up Rings, Custom Shapes
HiMod® refers to a range of high-modulus plastic materials that Trelleborg Sealing Solutions has developed for applications demanding high wear and chemical resistance performance. The materials also exhibit low friction performance through the use of a unique balance of internal lubricants and wear inhibiting agents. These materials can be machined or injection molded, providing engineers the design freedom to develop the most economical manufacturing method.
The HiMod® Flatseal™ range consists of flat gaskets from the proprietary HiMod® material offering superior performance compared with conventional polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) flat gaskets. They are compliant with virtually all relevant standards including FDA. The product is die cut and is available in any standard or customer specified dimension. The HiMod® Flatseal™ products are manufactured in facilities that comply with ISO/TS 16949 and ISO 14001, meaning complete transparency in all degrees of production and a high degree of reliability and security for customers.