Ideal for Low Pressure Valve Applications
- Manufactured in a variety of elastomers or PTFE based materials
- Available in homogenous or fabric-reinforced materials for higher pressures
- Barrier materials such as PTFE can be applied for chemically aggressive environments
- Plastic or metal-to-rubber bonding to inserts simplifies assemblies
- Materials compliant with relevant life sciences approvals and standards
Respiratory devices such as spirometers, ventilators, air blenders, anesthesia equipment, hematology analyzers and sanitary pharmaceutical applications
Materials Specific to Healthcare & Medical
We offer a range of elastomeric materials specifically for life sciences applications which allow the diaphragm to be used in practically all liquid and gaseous media, while standing up to even the most rigorous sterilization processes.
Use of Diaphragms
Diaphragms are used in a variety of medical, pharmaceutical and biotechnology applications, particularly in low pressure valves. In a typical valve application, the diaphragm’s sealing bead seals the valve when it is in its ‘at rest’ position, similar to a static gasket or O-Ring . An actuator lifts the diaphragm, opening the valve to allow fluid flow. When the actuator is de-energized, a spring is typically used to return the diaphragm to its static position.